“Is this a legal clinic or a party” – Richard Hobbs – Immigration Attorney.
Filipino’s love to gather around food, so planning a free legal clinic for the community, its a must that we have Filipino food. Home cooked the night before by Pawis members, with a touch of love and care. Its also a way for us to engage and build the community we want to serve.
With the current condition of anti immigrant and anti workers sentiments, its a must that we come together to unite, resist and defend our community. We were able to provide workers rights, workers compensation, housing and immigration consultation.
Thanks to everyone that made our Legal Clinic possible:
- FBANC – Filipino Bar Association of Northern California
- KGACLC – Katharine George & Alexander Community Law Center
- LEAD Filipino – Leadership, Engagement, Activism and Dialogue
- FALS – Filipino American Law Society – from Santa Clara University
- ABSV – Anakbayan Silicon Valley
- Host with the most Pastor Emil from Sunnyhills United Methodist Church
- and last but not least – Pawis members who contributed their time to cook, outreach and help to do the day to day planning and organizing the event.
Our Free Legal Clinic is scheduled on a quarterly basis: Our next clinic will be on July 2018: If your interested in getting involved or have a question or in need of a legal consultation, please contact Michael Dalupo at email@example.com